BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Five days and counting!

Five days remain until Rebel Moon: A Paranormal Anthology is available on http://www.youngrebelpublications.com/. My story, Guardian of Dawn, will be featured toward the end of the collection since the stories will be arranged alphabetically.

Editing has been surprisingly fun. It's amazing how much work and editing goes into a 3,000 word short story. And this is where I must give a shout out to my brilliant edtior, JacquelineYoung. Thanks Jx for this amazing oppurtunity and for helping me polish this story to perfection! Also, thanks to the few close friends and family who read this story before publication and offered support, advice and encouragment.

In the mix of editing, there was one crucial change that had to be made. My main character was stripped of his name, Caden, and assigned a new one. Tristen. It is so odd how some characters linger in my mind and grow to develop backrounds and histories that never had a chance to make it into the pages of the story. Maybe this is why I mourned over the name-loss, (sad, but true). Caden had become real to me. But as the saying goes, a rose is still a rose by any other name.

I have taken a break from the spin-off novel, and am currently working on another short, YA romance story for the Young Rebel publishing company. I am not yet ready to reveal anything about this story as it is still a work in prgoress, but I will say its sub-genre is fantasy (duh!).

What would I do if I didn't have these fantasy worlds to escape to, and these characters to get lost in? *Sigh*

Anyway, look forward to Guardian of Dawn, which will be released in FIVE DAYS on October 25th, 2010 on http://www.youngrebelpublications.com/  And as always, thanks for the support!

~A~

0 comments: