BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

Guardian of Dawn is available TODAY on http://www.youngrebelpublications.com/%22%3Ehttp://www.youngrebelpublications.com/%3C/a in the Rebel Moon anthology. I am doing a happy dance.


The following is an excerpt from Guardian of Dawn:

Guardian of Dawn

“Quit dragging your feet and run Eli, it's gaining on us!” He was at least two yards behind me and close to tripping over his damn untied shoelaces. You've got to be kidding me. Newbie.
“I'm trying. Please don't leave me, Tristen,” he pleaded through broken breaths.
We rounded the corner of an old brick apartment building which glowed brilliant ruby against the setting sun. I had every intention of leaving Eli behind for the bloodsuckers if he slowed me down. But there was something about him, his innocence, maybe, that reminded me of my brother. The newbie was already softening me up, and these days I couldn't afford to let my guard down. No one could.
A slimer rounded the corner behind us. It hunched over, poised to spring. Pulsing veins glowed white just under the surface of its paper-thin boiled flesh. Bones, sharp as razors, rose from its back and spread like the fin of a giant, hideous reptile. But this thing was far from a reptile.
Oh damn. Here we go.
“Duck!” I yelled as I pulled my cross-bow from the strap latched around my back. I aimed a split second – that's all the time I had, and all the time I needed – and pulled the trigger. An arrow pierced through the thing’s head, right between its bulging red eyes.

0 comments: